About the challenge
The Blue & You Fitness Challenge is a free three-month team competition. Participants are encouraged to exercise, make healthy choices and log those activities to earn points. The Challenge is held from March 1 through May 31. Companies and organizations participate in the event as part of their wellness programs. Friends and family use the contest to focus on health goals, infuse new energy into their routines, remain connected and have fun! Points gained from logging activities lead to contest recognition and rewards, but the best bonuses are better health and fitness. The Challenge was founded in 2004 and is hosted by Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield, the Arkansas Department of Health and the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
The Blue and You Fitness Challenge began as the Arkansas Fitness Challenge in 2004. The Arkansas Department of Health and Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield saw a need to encourage healthy behaviors in their communities. The three-month program was a fun way to help companies encourage their employees to increase their physical activity. The first year was such a success that the contest continued, evolving over the year to include teams from all over the United States.
- $20,000 prize giveaway
- How to register, track, connect, and log activity
- Contest Guidelines
- Team photos
Media / News releases
- Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield to host National Walk at Lunch Day in downtown Little Rock
- Cash in for Good Health at the Blue & You Fitness Challenge kickoff
- Blue & You Fitness Challenge Celebrates 20th Year With $20,000+ in Prizes
- Blue & You Fitness Challenge Enters its 20th Year – Group Registration Under Way Now
Deadline: January 25
Team member sign up
February 1 - February 28
March 1 - May 31